It is our great pleasure to invite you to participate in the 8th international conference CHEMICAL REACTIONS IN FOODS VIII (CRF 2017), to be held in Prague, 15 - 17 February, 2017.
This event continues the successful series of meetings held in Prague in 1992–2012, under the auspices of Food Chemistry Division, EuCheMS. The key theme of CRF in 2017 is a new knowledge on chemical reactions during food processing and storage.
Challenges to be addressed by CRF 2017 are:
- CHEMICAL REACTIONS IN PROCESSED / STORED FOODS
New knowledge on reaction pathways and interactions of food components under various processing/storage conditions, advanced analytical strategies for in-depth studies of food constituents changes, predictive modelling
- RECENT STRATEGIES FOR HIGH FOOD QUALITY, INCREASED SHELF LIFE AND SAFETY
Current trends in food production, processing, packaging and distribution, the impact of novel technologies on reactions resulting in a better nutritional value, improved sensory quality and safety, new analytical techniques characterize these parameters
- CHEMICAL REACTIONS INVOLVING FOOD IMPROVEMENT AGENTS (ADDITIVES, ENZYMES, FLAVORINGS), MITIGATION FOOD CONTAMINANTS AND RESIDUES
Reactions and interactions of ´natural food additives, flavorings, colors and other ingredients in food matrices; challenges to prevent process-induced contaminants, mechanism behind mitigation of contaminants/residues across food production chain
- BIOLOGICALLY-ACTIVE CONSTITUENTS IN FOOD CROPS AND PRODUCTS THEREOF
Bioactivity screening strategies, application of ´omics, factors affecting their origination/losses of ´health promoting´ compounds, stability evaluation, changes during post-harvest handling
- CHEMISTRY BEHIND NOVEL FOODS, BOTANICALS AND DERIVED PREPARATIONS, FOOD SUPPLEMENTS
Bioprospecting strategies, composition and safety characterization, authentication / fraud detection, traceability of origin, shelf-life testing